General Qualifications For Employment
To be considered for employment, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a United States Citizen and a Citizen of Louisiana or intend to become a Louisiana Citizen upon employment
- Must be a high school graduate or hold a General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license (attach copy to application)
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Must be free of any felony convictions, have an honorable discharge if prior military and have a clean driving record
If you are interested in employment with our agency please complete the application in its entirety. You may contact the Human Resources Department at (337) 394-2557 with any employment questions.
Equal Opportunity Employment (EOE) Statement:
The St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office would like to assure you that your opportunity with this Sheriff’s Office is based only on your merit and no other consideration. The St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office believes that all personnel are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin age, sex, or disability. It is the expressed intent and desire of the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office that equal employment are provided to all employees or applicants with respect to wages, hours, and conditions of employment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.