Yellow DOT Program
The Yellow Dot program will help save lives by improving communication at a time when accident victims may not be able to communicate for themselves. The Yellow Dot program is a free service provided to individuals of all ages with emphasis on senior citizens and those with medical conditions and is available to all residents of Saint Martin Parish.
Participants will be given a “Yellow Dot” folder containing a brochure explaining the program, a personal information sheet and a decal. The completed personal information form, along with an attached photo of the individual will be placed in the yellow folder and then into the glove compartment of the vehicle. The “Yellow Dot” decal will be placed on the outside of the lower left corner of the rear windshield of the participant’s vehicle. The decal alerts first responders that medical information can be found in the glove compartment of the vehicle. Information provided in the folder can assist first responders to positively identify the person, get in touch with emergency contacts and ensure that the person’s current medications, allergies and pre-existing medical conditions are considered when treatment is administered for injuries.
Sign-up stations are available throughout Saint Martin Parish as listed below:
- Saint Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office (Main Office) 400 Saint Martin Street Saint Martinville, La. 70582
- Saint Martin Parish Public Safety Complex 4870 North Main Highway Saint Martinville, La. 70582
- Saint Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office (Sub-Station) 3003 Highway 70 Stephensville, La. 70380
- Saint Martin Parish Fire District Office 1035-A Ruth Bridge Highway Breaux Bridge, La. 70517
- Saint Martin Parish Library (All Branches)
- Breaux Bridge Police Department
- Cade Community Center
- Henderson City Hall
- Parks City Hall
- Saint Martin Hospital
- Saint Martinville Police Department
- Broussard’s Grocery – Coteau Holmes
- Lakeside Grocery – Catahoula
For more information on the Yellow Dot Program, contact Deputy Nelson at 337-394-2671.