(St. Martinville, LA)-Sheriff Becket Breaux reports that yesterday afternoon, Deputies with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested Matthew Vicknair, 35, in Breaux Bridge, LA. Vicknair was wanted on an outstanding warrant in connection with the ongoing investigation regarding suspected illegal drug activity at a residence in the 1200 block of Cypress Island Extension; that resulted in the arrest of Christine Nicole Cormier, 38, on Thursday, July 30, 2020.
Following his arrest, he was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the below charges:
- LA. R.S. 40:966A (1) Manufacture/Distribution Schedule I CDS (Marijuana)
- LA. R.S. 40:966A (1) Manufacture/Distribution Schedule I CDS (THC Wax)
- LA. R.S. 40:966A (1) Manufacture/Distribution Schedule I CDS (THC Cartridges)
- LA. R.S. 14:95E Illegal Carrying of Weapons in Presence of CDS -3 counts
- LA. R.S. 14:26 Criminal Conspiracy to Distribute Schedule I CDS -3 Counts
At the time of this release, no bond had been set. If you suspect illegal drug activity is occurring in your neighborhood, please report it by utilizing the Narcotics Tip Line (337) 394-2626. Please help us keep the streets of St. Martin Parish free of illegal drug activity.